Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunshine Bouquet - and One Smart Cat

Sunshine Bouquet
Oil on canvas, 48x48

My first big floral of 2015! I love the colors, the flowers themselves, and the tension of the rough background to the bright flowers. I hope they brighten your January day. 

What do you all think about these new florals? 

***

HERE'S MY LITTLE studio as evening fell one day last month. I love how warm and cozy it looks, with the light shining out warmly from the windows, as the big pines in our back yard tower over it. 

***
Dog of the Day

THIS IS SPENCER, Lynn Hoins's cat. Lynn says Spencer  has learned to open drawers by himself, and will pull stuff out of the drawer to make room, if the drawer is too full. What a great cat! 

***
Just a thought 
A READER SENT me this, and I just love it. I was having an inexplicably sad and low day when it arrived, and it cheered me right up. 

***
I'LL BE LEAVING Jan. 24 for the Origins Painting Trip, and I am more and more excited about it. Find out more about the trip, and how to become a sponsor, by clicking here. 

Thank you to everyone who has already signed up! 


No comments: