Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Angie - Not Baaad!

Angie
Oil on canvas, 10x10, sold

I've painted sheep before - at a small farm in Groton, CT, and at a sheepdog-training event in New Hampshire  (this last one is still available. Email me if you're interested!) - and I have some great photos of sheep from a farm around here. 

A couple contemplating a commission has expressed an interest in a rural scene featuring sheep instead of cows, and so I've done a little more exploring of sheep this past week or so. Angie is one of the experiments - and I love her!  So expect some sheep paintings in the future. Fun! 

***
Dog of the Day
It's Little Bit, campground cat at the wonderful KOA in Anderson, SC. The women who run the campground are real animal lovers, and have several dogs and a few cats. Little Bit is one of the cats who stay at the campground. When I was there last year, she was very shy - but she's come out of her shell enormously in the past year! 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A final thought

"Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy." 

- Dale Carnegie


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the sheep! Just wonderful. PINNED!

carrie jacobson said...

Thank for pinning! I am working to get a better handle on Pinterest, which I love but don't completely get. Well, I get it on one level (the fun level) but don't get how to make it WORK for me. At any rate, I am glad you like Angie. And she has sold!