Monday, March 28, 2016

John, Paul, George and Ringo

John, Paul, George and Ringo
Oil on black canvas, 36x60
Please click here to email me for info on price, availability and shipping/delivery

I have no idea why I enjoy painting cows so much. I love how big they are, and how blocky. I love their ears and their knobby knees and how they stare at you when you stare at them. Yes, I eat beef, and drink milk and wear clothing and shoes made of leather and suede, and I make an effort not to think too much about cows when I'm eating or getting dressed. I understand how weak this is of me, but I believe it's possible to love cows and also enjoy all of the above, without driving myself crazy. Well, without driving myself too crazy. 

At any rate, I really love this painting, especially the blues and greens and Ringo's one evil eye. 

***
FOR ALL OF YOU living near West Hartford Center, CT, I'll be bringing new paintings to Center Framing and Art, in its new location at 968 Farmington Avenue, next to Max's. Doesn't my sunflower painting look great in the photograph? Lori Chozik, who owns the gallery, says the new location is wonderful. It's smaller, but lots more people come in, parking is easier and it's great to be in a new space. I'll bring the paintings in on Saturday, and will either paint or just hang around for a while, depending on the weather. Please stop in if you can! 

***
THIS IS MY favorite news story in at least the past 10 years, if not of all time. The Brits asked people on the internet to name a new research vessel (above). The winning name? Boaty McBoatface. Hahahaha! 

Click here to read a brilliant and hilarious New York Times story about this. It might have been my mood in the moment, but I was laughing so hard when I read this out loud to Peter that I could barely make it through the whole short story.
***
Dog of the Day 
Met this little guy out in Tubac. Cutie! 

***
A Final Thought

"Great art picks up where Nature ends." 
- Marc Chagall


No comments: