Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Dreams I've Seen

The Dreams I've Seen
Oil on black canvas, 16x16

 Oh, OUCH. The scene to the left was what I saw on Sunday, when I left Hartford, CT, to head home to Wachapreague. Honestly, it seemed like a late, lame April Fool's joke. While the snow stopped an hour or so past Hartford, the 32-degree temperature kept me focused on the surface of the road, and the potential for black ice.

Then on Tuesday morning, it snowed here in Wachapreague! Just too much.    

***


THE WEATHER ALSO figured into my weekend plans. It rained most of the day on Saturday, so there was no painting outside Center Framing & Art in West Hartford Center, CT. I had a nice time, even so. I got to spend time with some people who really love my paintings and came in specially to see me and talk with me. It was great! 

***
Dog of the Day
Saw this old guy last week at the Island House restaurant here in Wachapreague. It was a bit cold to be dining outdoors, but the dog and his human thought it was just perfect. 

***
A Final Thought

"Creativity takes courage."

- Henri Matisse

No comments: