Sunday, August 21, 2016

Reggie

 Reggie
Oil on canvas, 12x12

I'm still way, way behind in my blogging, so expect a few multi-painting blog posts! Hope you enjoy seeing a few paintings at once.

I'm behind because I've been away at shows, and I've had a great time. Thank you, all of you, everyone who came, braving terrible heat, terrible traffic, terrible road construction and terrible rain, to say hi, see my new paintings and even buy some. Thank you!

At the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival, a couple showed up, interested in my paintings. Turns out that he had bought a couple pieces from me a couple years ago, and she had grown to love the paintings, as she'd seen them over the years.

But she had never been to an art show! So they agreed to go to the Mystic show together. They studied the website, looked up my work and the work of other people, and off they went. As they were walking in from parking, she saw the cowscape on the back wall of my tent, from quite a distance. They didn't know it was my tent, but she fell in love with the painting, and bought it!

The delightful interaction reminded me again what a miracle it is that anyone would buy art from a living person. This woman trusts herself enough to know what she likes, with no guarantee that that painting will be worth more, or worth anything, 10 years from now, or 20 years from now. She was willing to spend her hard-earned money on one of my paintings, because she loved it. Her enthusiasm and joy fill me with the same, and help make this journey possible for me - and I think it's vice-versa, as well.

All of you are helping me on this journey, by reading my blog, sharing it, writing to me, coming to the shows, thinking about art, dreaming about your own desires and hopes, and accompanying me on the journey. Thank you!

***
A Few Recent Paintings
Bella
Oil on canvas, 12x12
101 Dogs project


For Ed
Oil on metal, 16x20
commission

Tom and Rudy
Oil on canvas, 20x20
commission

***

I'M SURE THAT if you live in Dayton, Ohio, this is old hat, 
but I think that "Needmore Road" is right up there with "Happy Avenue." 

***
Dog of the Day
I met this guy way back in February, in Arizona. He looks fierce as can be, 
but made sure that chair was between him and me. 

***
A Final Thought

"There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." 

- Vincent Van Gogh








No comments: