Thursday, August 25, 2016

Morning's Glory




Morning's Glory
Oil on black canvas, 36x60

Cheryl Wheeler, in "Summer's Almost Over," sings "Summer's almost over, and the weeds have won at last..." and I don't know about you, but that's where we are. The gardens are happy and the flowers are blooming, but the weeds are happier, and through all the heat of the past month, have triumphed. They haven't choked out the flowers yet, but it is only a matter of time. 

This painting seems to capture all the glory and thrill of summer, when the sun is clear and the air is warm and the afternoons seem that they will last forever.

You can see this one - and several other new pieces! - live and in person this weekend in Pittsburgh, PA, at the Shadyside Art Festival! It's the 20th anniversary of the festival, which is one of the top ones in the country. I don't know my booth number yet, but will post it here on the blog, and also at Jacobson Arts  as soon as I find out. 

***

IN OCTOBER, I'm heading west, to paint in Montana, Wyoming and perhaps South Dakota. I can't wait! It's one of my favorite parts of the country, and because of my schedule, I haven't been able to visit in years - except in the dead of winter, which is not the best time... 

I still have sponsorships available for the Big Skies Painting Trip! For $125, you will get an original 10x10 plein-air oil painting, regular blog postings about the places I visit, the people I meet, the dogs I see... and some goodies from the road. You can sign up for bigger paintings, as well. Click here for more information, or check out the Big Skies Painting Trip on my website, Jacobson Arts.

***


I THINK THIS this sign is pretty funny. I also think the sign just past the George Washington Bridge, "New England, Exit 4" is funny. It amuses me to think that one exit could take you to an entire, huge area. 

***
Dog of the Day

The two with the white noses? They got into a bag of flour. Ah, puppies. 

***
A Final Thought

"The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most." 

- John Ruskin

This quote was sent to me by a faithful blog reader. Thank you, SaraBeth! If you have an art-related quote that you love, please send it to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com. Thank you!

No comments: