Sunday, June 14, 2009

Daisy!

Daisy. Oil on canvas panel, 11x14.

I spent part of the day yesterday in Pet Supplies Plus in Groton, Conn., painting and spreading the word about the Art for Shelter Animals Project. Daisy is one of the dogs I painted. She's a Chesapeake Bay retriever, and she's with New England Chesapeake Retriever Rescue.

These are wonderful dogs, generally. They are smart and sweet and gentle. If you're interested in Daisy contact Liz Gomes at ctchessierescue@hotmail.com. I found Daisy on petfinder.com, and imagine she is still available.

I really like this painting, and it occurred to me that I have not been promoting my pet-painting business. If you know someone who's just nuts about their animals and might like to commission a pet portrait, please send that person my way. You can see more of my pet paintings at jacobson-arts.com.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Jill said...

love love love!

carrie jacobson said...

Thank you so much, Jill. I'm tickled that you like this one!