Thursday, May 10, 2012

Clamshell Driveway

Clamshell Driveway
Oil on canvas, 16x20
sold
I love this painting! I've tried to figure out why this one has captured my heart so resoundingly, and honestly, I am not quite sure.

Part of it, I think, is the sky. I am a sucker for a big sky in real life, and also in paintings. I love seeing a big sky, I love being under one, I love the feeling of smallness, of humanity, of being a dust mote in God's eye. I can't explain this, but I've come to know it's true.

And this is a good sky, with pretty clouds - and a tender feeling of the field coming to life.

This painting makes me happy - and I am sure that someone will buy it, and it will make them happy! Come see it and other new work at the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton, MA on Memorial Day weekend. I'll be in the big building (first time! I am usually in the small barn...). My booth is Number 837.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

ha ha ha -- Before I finished reading your post, I knew why I loved this painting... yes, yes, yes - it is the sky.

Wonderful colors!

Patrice said...

ha ha ha -- Before I finished reading your post, I knew why I loved this painting... yes, yes, yes - it is the sky.

Wonderful colors!