Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunflower Bouquet

Sunflower Bouquet
Oil on canvas, 18x18
Please contact me for price and availability

Artist and art teacher Ronet Noe (check out her work at her blog, The Eclectic Hen) gave me a bouquet of sunflowers on Saturday when we painted together. (See us in the photo below).  I love them, and they're here in the house now, brightening this very gloomy Monday.

The vase of sunflowers, and a couple big paintings of sunflowers inside Center Framing & Art on Saturday, drew the attention of many passersby, including Katie Eslinger, who runs Lovely Is This Life, offering holistic nutrition and wellness counseling. She shared her love of sunflowers with me, and told me a story of love and family that brought tears to my eyes. It is personal, so I don't think I should share it here, but it was a moving story, and has made its way inside my heart.

One of the lessons from it is that the sun comes up every day, and it's our choice and our decision what to make of the day that greets that sunrise. If we keep waiting for things to be easy, waiting for the path to be completely clear and uncluttered, we could be waiting for a long time.

I am always moved by how free people are to share the meaningful moments of their lives, if I am open to listening.

1 comment:

Emma and Emma said...

What an amazing painting. My blog is emslboe.blogspot.com. Feel free to check it out! :D