Thursday, May 3, 2012

Springtime in CT, Part II

Springtime in Connecticut, Part II
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold

Remember I said that a thing was happening to me about abstracting paintings? Well, again, when I was in the middle of Springtime in Connecticut, Part I, I got an idea about a way to pare down the painting, make it more abstract, winnow it to something closer to its essence.

I put the painting down on the grass (a very large cow was standing about 3 feet away from me, watching intently), pulled out another canvas, and got to work. When I finished this one, I put the other one back on the easel and finished it.

Sometimes interruptions can ruin things for me - but recently, these interruptions of inspiration have been fun for me - and step by step, they're taking me down some new path.

So bring it on!

***

On Saturday, the very talented Ronet Noe and I will be painting in front of Center Framing & Art, 56 Lasalle Road, West Hartford Center! Please stop by and say hello, if you're in the area. You can check out the gallery and frame shop, too!

On Memorial Day weekend, I'll be at the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton, MA. If you're planning on going, click here to get to the website and get discount tickets. The first two people to tell me they're going will get tickets from me for free! (They usually give me four tickets to give away, so these are good for you and a friend/spouse/date/or your mom!) 

No comments: