Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Springtime in Connecticut (or... Sucked In Again)

Springtime in Connecticut
Oil on canvas, 16x20
Please contact me for price and delivery options

Every year, I get sucked in by pink!

Cherry trees, dogwood trees, azalea bushes - they burst into pink bloom across all my landscapes and they call to me. I paint them, happily and enthusiastically - and then I find the paintings jarring, disturbing... pink.

I suppose the thing to do is to keep doing it, since it seems to be so clearly a calling of my heart and soul - and just say, well, they're pink because you've painted them pink, and if they seem to pink, well, that's it. That's the deal with spring. It is altogether too pink, too yellow, too bright. Altogether too lovely.

***

Will you be in West Hartford Center on Saturday? I will be! I'll be painting on the sidewalk in front of 56 LaSalle Road, all day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. One of my paintings (Marco Polo, a favorite) was featured in the Hartford Courant on Sunday, as part of the run-up to the Saturday fund-raising event. Exciting!

If you do stop by, please introduce yourself.

And don't forget about the Paradise City Festival in Northampton on Memorial Day weekend!


2 comments:

SLR said...

I've got it...give everyone who has a baby shower for a girl one of your pink pictures!

Patrice said...

Hey - I'm not a big fan of pink, (generally speaking) but who can resist the boing,boing of pink blossoms dancing in the Spring breezes?