Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Zack and George - and Leesburg

Zack
Oil on canvas, 12x12, commission

George
Oil on canvas, 12x12, commission

I don't HAVE to know the pets I paint, but when I do know them, it adds an extra layer to the process. Part of it is a difficult layer - there's even more of a mark to reach, in terms of making the painting look like the animal... But part of it is an easy layer. I know George and Zack, so I can supply information that's not in the photo I'm using. 

At any rate, they are fun dogs, and I love their people, so it was a good situation all around. 

Want a portrait of your pet? Drop me an email.


 George, meet George! 

Does this painting make me look fat?  
 What do you think, Zack? 

Let's take a look! 

***
THIS WEEKEND, I'll be in Leesburg, VA, at the fine arts show there. Should be Fun! I am in Booth K53, on South King Street. It was a very good show last year, and I expect there will be some excellent art there this year, too! Please stop in and say hi. 

No comments: