Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Coneflowers - and More Coneflowers

Coneflowers I
Oil on canvas, 10x10 
sold

Continuing down the path I started clearing the other day, I decided to try my hand at some coneflowers. And thinking about a suggestion Coach Joe made a couple months ago, I think I'm going to declare Fridays "Flower Fridays." Whenever I am here on a Friday, I will be painting flowers. 

Sunflowers, delphiniums, coneflowers, zinnias - what else? What other flowers would you like to see me paint? 

I do love painting flowers, even though I still don't really like "pretty." I think flowers are miracles of nature. They are pretty, sure, but to me, they are more bursts of color, bright proofs of God, scolorful examples of the science of Darwinism - and some of the simple and pure delights of summer. 

Coneflowers II
Oil on canvas, 10x10
sold

***
Dog of the Day
Here's Vinny! He lives with Ruth Hamel and Tim Schreiner, in Red Stick, LA (Baton Rouge...). Ruth is a fabulous writer, who has an excellent food blog, and at least one book to her credit. 

***


I always love watching milk curl and unfurl its way into iced coffee... 







No comments: