Monday, July 7, 2014

Curly, Larry & Moe - and the Wickford Art Fest

Curly, Larry & Moe
Oil on canvas, 24x48
sold

As I was finishing my pair of long-horned steers last week, Peter sent me a photo of three African cattle, looming up out of a pitch-black background. I loved their eyes, their strange horns - and I loved the grouping, too. 

This painting has some of the qualities of the photo, and takes some liberties, too. I still love the eyes, the horns and the grouping - and I also love the fade into red at the side of the canvas. It was a fun one to paint, and a real challenge! 

***
THE WICKFORD ART FESTIVAL is this coming weekend, in Wickford, RI, and I'll be there. Far as I can tell, my booth is still on Elam Street, but up a little ways from where I usually am. I believe that I welcome this change, as the neighbors across the way from what's become my regular spot are difficult, to say the least. So I will be glad to be away from them, and I'm happy to try a slightly different location. 

The show is Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. It's a fun show, and usually has excellent art. And Wickford is a cute little seaside town, definitely worth a visit. 

I hope to see you there! 

***

WACHAPREAGUE CELEBRATED the Fourth of July in style! We had a parade, a picnic in the park with a band and activities that included paragliders jumping out of a small plane, and fabulous fireworks! I'm working on a fireworks video, and I'll post it when I'm done, but in the meantime, you can click here to see the parade. 

***
Here's a funny sign I saw near the airport in Philadelphia: 


***
Dog of the Day


Here's Abby, one of Cindy and Eric's cats. Beautiful! Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day?  Send a photo to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com


No comments: