Sunday, March 22, 2015

Down the Fence Line - and Still Point Gallery


Down the Fence Line
Oil on canvas, 18x18

So far, my recent question about flower paintings vs. other categories of paintings I make has elicited interesting and varied responses.  Some people like flower paintings best, others like landscapes, others like my animal paintings. No votes yet for cowboy paintings! 

I'm in the midst of this farm series - the Red Barn series - and I really like it. I've always loved farms, and at one point, thought I might like to be a farmer. Then I realized how much work it is! 

***
A FRIEND AND FOLLOWER of this blog told me about Still Point Art Gallery's regular online shows. Today, one of my paintings - "I Do" - is on the home page! All of you artists, sculptors and photographers in there might consider entering these shows. It's $25 for three images, and I believe it's fairly competitive. 

The work is shown on the website and in a lovely magazine that you can see online, or order on paper. Still Point publishes a variety of books, in addition to having the online gallery. Click here to reach the gallery's homepage. 
***
Dog of the Day


Saw this dog outside the Island House restaurant, 
while Jojo and I were walking. He makes me think of Sam. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A final thought


"There was such a glory over everything. 
The sun came up like gold through the trees, 

and I felt like I was in heaven."


- Harriet Tubman

No comments: