Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Earth Laughs - and George!

The Earth Laughs
Oil on canvas, 24x24

This is the first time that I've used my petal-painting technique and the concrete-stained-glass background ideas together. I've been thinking about it for months, but have not had the courage to try until this painting. I think it works - what do you think? 

And while you're thinking about that, what do you think about my flower paintings in general? Do you like them as well as the landscapes and cowscapes? Better? Not at all? 

***
Dog of the Day
It's George - in his new harness! Or, as one of his humans says, it's George, 
dressed for his job as a crossing guard. He is paid in cookies (not really)! 

***
The title of the painting comes from this quote:

"The earth laughs in flowers." 

- Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments: