Thursday, March 26, 2015

Farm on the Ridge

Farm on the Ridge
Oil on black canvas, 24x24


Feeling somewhat better, I stopped to paint a farm on a ridge. Halfway through the painting, I realized all was not well, still. I ended up leaving of the event early, and skipping a show the following weekend. 

When I looked at the painting I'd made, I did think that maybe I should get sick more often. One of my collectors bought that painting, but I decided to paint is again, as part of the Red Barn series. 

I love the colors in this one, the light and dark reds, the high blue sky and the autumn-gold fields. I love the deep shadows in the front, and the collected buildings, huddled together on the ridge. 

And I love feeling healthy and well! 

***
Dog of the Day

It's Jada, who lives with Elissa and her family in Stonington, CT. 
They adopted Jada, and I've always been so glad that they did. 
She loves them - and it is mutual - but like so many rescues, she's not an easy dog.

***
A final thought

"To succeed in life, you need two things:
ignorance and confidence." 

- Mark Twain


2 comments:

from the studio of . . . CHARLEEN MARTIN said...

Love this one Carrie! Think I am a landscape fan :) Charleen

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Charleen! I'm loving the red barn series, for sure.