Friday, February 12, 2016

Patagonia Tightrope

Patagonia Tightrope
Oil on black canvas, 10x10, $125
sold

The Tubac Art Festival is up and running, and has been good to me so far. I've made my booth fee - always the first hurdle - and my big paintings are finding lots of love. No buyers yet for the big ones, but it takes time to decide on something that large. 
 This year, I'm bringing some 10x10s, a couple mid-range paintings, and three or four really big ones. This is a somewhat scary booth arrangement - I'm unprotected, in a way, focusing on the big stuff, without the cushion of a series of $250-$400 paintings in the booth.

But many of my originals are still less expensive than prints that other people are selling, and my big pieces are way less expensive than other people's, or than what you could buy at that size in a gallery.

Patience and courage are my watchwords this year. I've seen others operate successfully this way, and I'm betting and hoping that I can, too. I'll keep you all appraised of my progress! 

Happy buyers with a Pony Express painting

***
Scenes from Tubac




Above left, a woman carries a metal pig. I thought it was a real pig at first! Above right, the evening sky on the road to Tucson on Wednesday evening. 

***
Dog of the Day


It's Tucker! He visited the Tubac show late in the day on Thursday, and he was a great dog, interested in everything and everyone. 

***
A Final Thought

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."

- Francis Bacon

No comments: