Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Sunflower Landing


Sunflower Landing / oil on canvas / 4x12 unframed / $88 includes shipping


SO OFTEN, LULU BARKS - and it is almost always her - and she barks and barks and barks until I get up and go to the window and look ... and see nothing. Just nothing. No one. I can look up the street and down, across yards to the next street, and still, see nothing. 

Maybe it was a squirrel, or the glint of a bit of sun on a wire, or a piece of something skidding along the street on a gust of wind - or maybe it was nothing. Maybe Lulu simply likes to bark.

I know she can hear things I will never hear, and smell things I will never smell. Who's to say that she can't see things that I will never see? 

I'd give almost anything to be a dog for 5 minutes. 

***
Gratitude

ALMOST EVERY DAY, I find myself being grateful that when we humans greet each other, we don't have to sniff each other's butts.

***
For Today

"When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, 
it's hard to feel sad." 

- Kristan Higgins


No comments: