Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Raven in Flight


 Raven in Flight / Oil on canvas / 5x7 unframed / $68 including shipping


THIS MORNING, the birds are singing, the air is clear and thin, and sweet with the smell of roses and honeysuckle and some white-flowered bush whose name I don't know. 

Yesterday, I saw a hummingbird, the second one I've seen all spring. And last night, I saw a firefly for the first time this year. 

The garden is blooming with coreopsis and tiger lilies, hostas and hollyhocks, and it is a day with promise and possibility and all the sunny length and breadth of June. 

And in every minute of it, every moment, I miss Peter, and long to share it all with him. 

I apologize if my memories and my sense of loss are too much for all of you. I thank you for reading, and for sharing and for being with me as I work my way through this. One thing I've learned is to hold my loved ones close, every day, and be gentle with them, and forgiving, and always, always remember that we are all here just for a moment. Just for this moment. 

***
For Today

"The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live." 

- Auguste Rodin




No comments: