Thursday, June 25, 2020

Two Goats, Balanced on a Board Balanced on a Rock

Two Goats, Balanced on a Board Balanced on a Rock /
Oil on black canvas, 14x14, $350 including shipping

Interested? Please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

I HAVE PAINTED SOME BIRDS while I've been quiet here, but I'm holding them until July, giving the whole project a chance to rest a little. 

I've rested a little, too, though I must admit, sometimes it's felt like rest, and sometimes it's felt like being just low. Low energy, low heart, low soul, low mood. 

Partly, I think, it's because I decided against going to Rhode Island to see my daughter and her family. Just too many possible Covid intersections for me. Partly, it's just part of the process, I think. And partly, it's because I wasn't writing in this blog. 

I can't explain why writing in this public way is helpful to me. I've been writing in my journal the whole time, but it's not the same. There is something about writing for people to read that seems to help me heal. 

That means that there's something about YOU that seems to help me heal. So thank you. You're part of my rebuilding. 

***
For Today

"There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other." 

- Douglas Everett



No comments: