Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Three Geese



Three Geese / Oil on black canvas / 4x12 / $88, including shipping

these geese are gone ! 

YES, YOU'VE SEEN THIS painting before! But it didn't sell, and I don't know why! It is a charming piece, better in real life than in this photo... so I am posting it again, in the hope that it will find its way to its new home. 

I've come to think that that is what happens with paintings - that there is an owner, a designated buyer, for each painting. Maybe it's one, or maybe it's one of a group of people. But it is rarely casual. Again and again, I've watched people fall in love with my paintings. It's great! And it is visible - sometimes even at a distance. Someone will be way down the street, and spot a painting on the wall of my booth, and that's it. They have lost their heart, and they will buy that painting, no matter how little wall space they have. 

So I repost some of the bird paintings that have not sold, hoping that the reposting will help find the painting's rightful owner. 


***
Speaking of Shows

ALMOST ALL  MY SUMMER SHOWS are canceled. The one in Roanoke is still going on, I think, but I've chosen not to participate. I just can't imagine being in a 10-foot-by-10-foot tent with people, all wearing masks, all breathing (I hope), sweating, touching things - I can't do it. 

Some of the shows are hosting virtual, online shows, and the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts is one of them. I'll be selling paintings online during the show, and shipping will be free. I'll also be doing an online workshop, like the ones I do on my Carrie Jacobson Artist Facebook page on Saturdays at 1 p.m. Eastern. (Click here to reach that page). 

The workshops I've hosted so far are all available on my Carrie Jacobson Workshop Videos Facebook page - (click here).

The workshops are free, and last about an hour. On the videos page, you can stop them, and take your time painting. The live ones just go! 

***
For Today

Biological Reflection

A girl whose cheeks are covered with paint
Has an advantage with me over one whose ain't. 

- Ogden Nash


No comments: