Sunday, July 19, 2020

Red-Winged Crow

Red-Winged Crow / oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68 including shipping

sold! 

WELL, I HAD A LAUGH that started yesterday and continued well into today. Thought I would share it, since I do share all my woes and tribulations, and it's good that you all know that my life is not an endless series of gray and depressing days.

Since The Great Confinement began, I've been giving a series of free painting workshops on Saturdays, (at 1 p.m. Eastern, on my Carrie Jacobson, Artist Facebook page). 

Usually, 20-25 people tune in. Many paint, some just watch, and some watch during the live workshop and paint afterwards, watching the videos (they are archived on my Carrie Jacobson Workshop Videos Facebook page). 

Regular participants include the Wachapreague postmaster, Alena, and her mother, Darlene. They both make art, Alena generally with pastels, and Darlene, with a variety of media. Alena is a good and enthusiastic painter; Darlene is very talented, very experienced, and back to painting after a long absence. You can see her work on her Facebook page, Paper Moon Studio

They joined in this past Saturday, as we painted a wading egret. When I was about 10 minutes into the painting, Darlene posted that she wanted to buy it. That totally cracked me up - not only was I not finished with the painting - but I was barely started! 

I laughed and said, sure, and that maybe I should just end the painting and the workshop right there, and call it a day. It really made me laugh. I've had people buy paintings before they were finished, but never when they were just barely started. Honestly, I thought she was kidding. 

But this afternoon, I got a text from Alena, wanting to know when she and Darlene could come and get the painting! Hahahaha!! She actually DID want it, and she KNEW it, right then and there, before it was even one-third done. Still has me laughing and shaking my head. 

What a lovely world this can be. 

***
For Today

"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." 

-Rabindranath Tagore



No comments: