Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Red-Tailed Hawk


Red-tailed Hawk / oil on black canvas / 4x4 / $38 including shipping

sold!


A FRIEND'S HUSBAND DIED Monday, after a long and wearing illness. He'd been in a nursing home since January, and since April, with one exception, my friend had not been able to see him, because of the covid. 

The exception was last week, when he was very sick, and had been taken to a hospital, and she was allowed in, and could touch him and kiss him and hold his hand. 

It feels like there has been a lot of death lately, or maybe I am just noticing it more. 

The one thing I have learned from all of it is that it's up to me to live, as strongly and as bravely and as appreciatively as I can, every day, every hour, every minute. I owe it to Peter, to my mother, and I owe it to my family and my friends, and most of all, I owe it to myself. 

***
For Today

"In many traditions, hawks are sacred: Apollo's messengers for the Greeks, sun symbols for the ancient Egyptians and, in the case of the Lakota Sioux, 
embodiments of clear vision, speed and single-minded dedication." 

- John Burnside


No comments: