Friday, August 14, 2020

Hummer by Hanging Flower



Hummer by Hanging Flower / Oil on black canvas / 5x7 / $68 including shipping

sold!

THE DOGS, my marvelous, celebratory, loving dogs, have been driving me crazy this week. The reason is the overabundance of golf carts that the weekend people insist on driving up and down Bayview Avenue. 

Dr. Cooper and Lulu have a passionate hatred of golf carts, and bark ferociously whenever they go by. The bark and bark, and snarl, and the hair stands up along their backs, and sometimes, they get so riled up that the turn on each other, growling and snapping and looking for all the world like wild dogs. 

It's not only the barking, which has been blistering and unending, but it's also their latest and related endeavor, redecorating the living room.

When the couch is in the right place - where I, the HUMAN, wants it - the left-hand arm of the couch is where you see it in the photo below. 

But. 

See the little table? Before I took this photo, Doc and Lulu had managed to move the couch so that the left-hand arm was snuggled up against the table where it is in the photo. Of course, they had moved the table, too. 

They do this by pushing off from the couch, with their considerable muscle and vigor, as they leap to the bench under the window to bark ferociously at the passing golf carts. 

At first, I thought I was losing my mind. The couch was in a different place, I was sure it was. My neck was killing me as I watched TV! But then I realized what was happening. 

So this is just irritating, and while blame the dogs for it, I really blame the darn golf carts.




***
A Final Thought

"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, 
still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." 

- Victor Hugo


No comments: