Outside Patagonia, Arizona. Oil on stretched canvas, 10x10, $75
After a long conversation with Peter, I've decided to stay put for the day in Holbrook, Arizona. It is so windy that a cloud of dust has blown up over the prairie, and the van was rocking back and forth, as I sat in it in the parking lot. There will be no painting today, at least not for hours and hours. I might go out exploring, but with the dust, it's going to be hard even to see.
So I will take a day off. I'll nap, and read, and if the wind dies this afternoon, I'll venture out to paint. Sounds pretty good to me!