Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Fine First Day

 Paradise City booth

I had a fabulous first day at the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton, Mass. I think my booth looked good and inviting, my neighbors were friendly, and attendance at the show was excellent. It was sultry, but that's life. And in the Morgan Barn, the smallest of the three venues at the Three-County Fairgrounds, it was cooler than anywhere else.

Throughout the day, many people came into the booth. They loved my paintings, wanted to know about them, shared their own stories with me, talked about the place of art in life, about beautiful places they'd seen and wanted to see - and of course, talked about their dogs and cats.

And near the end of the day, a young man and his girlfriend came into the booth, fell in love with my paintings, and bought the two largest - the cow painting that you can see in the photo above, and the Fat Guy at the Diner painting in the second photograph.

It was great to meet this couple, and it was wonderful to have a big sale on the first day. But the best of all is how much these two loved my work. There's nothing quite as soul-assuring, quite as joyful as selling a painting to someone who is going to treasure it, look at it every day and smile, and feel happy. I am so glad these paintings that I love are going to a good home.


 Paradise City booth

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Way to go girl. Hope today is even better!!

carrie jacobson said...

Wasn't better, but it was good. Three paintings sold - so in a way it WAS better! And I talked to a ton of wonderful people, who shared their hearts and ideas and dreams with me. I did break a tooth, but it doesn't hurt. I feel blessed. Thank you, as always, for your support and friendship.