Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wetlands, Maine

Wetlands, Maine
Oil on canvas, 16x20
Please contact me for price and delivery options.

The Maine trips were quickies, this past month, but I still had a chance to paint. This one was just outside of Harrison, not so far from where we used to live.

There are wetlands like this all over Maine. You get used to them. It's easy to forget just how beautiful they are, how full of color, how full of life.

While I was painting, the man who lives next door to where I was standing stopped by. He said the wetlands change color daily, with the seasons, with the sun, with the time of day. He has seen many deer here, and some moose, and beavers, too.

I go so fast these days that sometimes I forget to look for the marvelous in the ordinary. Usually when I stop and look, I find it. It is always a joy when I do.

This painting and others from Maine and Cape Cod will be on display at my booth in the Paradise City Art Festival, May 28-30 in Northampton, Mass. I'll be in the Morgan Barn, Booth 317. For more about the show, click here.

No comments: