Friday, July 15, 2011

Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy
Oil on canvas, 12x12
Donation to the Montville Animal Shelter

One excellent thing about Patch, the company I work for, is that, four times a year, Patch gives us a day to do something for the community.

We can join a group, participate in a -thon, weed the gardens by town hall, or do whatever community-minded thing we like for a group in our Patch, or a neighboring town.

This is perfect for me. If there's nothing special going on community-wise, I can take the time to do what I love doing most - make a painting.

I often paint with tons and tons of paint - I go overboard with paint, and I revel in it. But from time to time, one of these minimal paintings comes out of me.

I love these. In some ways, I love them more than the abundant ones, though that might simply be because they are more rare. But these leave a lot to the imagination - to my imagination, and to yours - and that intrigues me.

So this painting will go to the Montville Animal Shelter. You can click on the shelter's Facebook page to see the dog I used as my model. He's the black and white pup in the upper left-hand corner.

While you're there, you might think about adopting a kitten...

***

Don't forget about Art on Groton Bank, Saturday, in Groton, Conn., by the Bill Memorial Library. I'll be there, as will about 20 other artists, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It's a small show, and in the past, has been a nice show. There are activities for the kids, refreshments (there is a peculiar focus on egg salad sandwiches. They are very good, but they do, oddly, make up the major lunch item - or have, in years past). .. and usually a good selection of interesting art.

Stop by and say hello, if you go! I am hoping to be in the shade...

Jacobson Arts is in Gales Ferry, CT

2 comments:

JudyMackeyart said...

Beautiful painting - you've captured the eyes!

Unknown said...

Brava Carrie! I love this pound puppy portrait! This really highlight your unique style and give this painting a vibrancy you don't see in many pet portraits.