Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Awarding the award

[noblesse_oblige_2award[1].jpg]

Artist Sandy Sandy (check out her delightful website, where you can find her many blogs - including one detailing ways to attract hummingbirds!) has given me the "Noblesse Oblige" blog award. That translates to "nobility obligates." Or with great power comes great responsibility.

The award was given to Sandy by Sheila Tajima, through whose lively and varied blog, From Forensic to Fine Art, the Art for Shelter Animals Project was born.


Here is a description of the attributes this award recognizes:

1) The blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances of different cultures and beliefs.
2) The blog inspires, strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the blog, and it is one that fosters a better understanding of social science, politics, economics, the arts, culture, science or belief.
4) The blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.


Bloggers who receive this award will need to perform the following steps:

1) Create a post with a mention and link to the blogger who presented the award to you.
2) Display the award conditions.
3) Write a short post about what your blog has thus far achieved.
4) The blogger must present the award to blogs in concurrence with the award conditions.
5) The blogger can display the award at any location on their blog.

So... what this blog has achieved? Who the heck knows. It's given me an outlet, that's for sure, a way to share my paintings and offer them for sale. It's given me a daily schedule, a daily challenge. It's a fun way to communicate and keep in touch.

What it's done for the good people who read it, I can't begin to guess.

So. I'd give this award to Sandy and Sheila, but they already have it. One of them has given it already to Liz Holm (check out her blog!)

I will award it to Jala Pfaff, not only for having the coolest name on the planet, but also because her work is tender and lovely and her blog takes me to a place I like very much. Check it out! http://jalapfaff.blogspot.com/

Also, I will award this to Robin Weiss (http://inpleinair.blogspot.com/), whose plein-air paintings continue to amaze and inspire me, and whose blog restores my faith.

Also, I will award this to r. garriott (http://rgarriott.blogspot.com/), who makes gorgeous paintings and offers tremendous help to artists at all levels of development.

I reserve the right to give this award to other bloggers, as I'm so moved. After all, with great responsibility comes great privilege.

3 comments:

r garriott said...

Hi Carrie,
Thanks so much for the award. I fear I'm Not Worthy! (ala Mike Myers) but very nice of you to think of me. Glad to see you posting your fresh new paintings, always!

Jala Pfaff said...

Hi Carrie, thanks for the award! Very kind of you. I'll hop on my awardee duties here in a little while...

I really like the abstract you posted below, as well as the animal paintings to be donated. The one of Jasmine is especially joyful.

carrie jacobson said...

Hey, R and Jala, glad to be able to give you an award! Thank you for your comments, too!