Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Inlet at Gargatha

Inlet at Gargatha
Oil on canvas, 24x48

Off I went, one afternoon earlier in the week, looking for something to paint. Salt marsh, water, sky, I was looking for a scene that took my breath away. And indeed, I found it. 

Gargatha (accent on the first syllable - it's fun to say! Try it!) is a teeny spot on the map about 20 miles from our home. It's a lovely little inlet, with a couple of houses and a farm nearby. When I pulled up, the sky was a brilliant beautiful blue with pink and yellow clouds, and the sun was lighting up the marsh grasses so it looked like they shone from within. I painted madly, furiously, quickly - but still couldn't quite finish before I lost the light. 

The next day, I went back with Peter, and we spent time just taking in the beauty of the place, and watching a couple dogs play in the water. Shortly after the final photo here, the younger dog picked up the carcass of what looked like a small shark and the two began tugging at it and tossing it around. We left before they could get any of it on us. 

***

I spent an inordinate amount of time and psychic energy yesterday redoing our Jacobson Arts website, jacobson-arts.com. If you'd take a look and give me any comments you have, I'd appreciate it! (I see this morning that my name is in orange and Peter's is in white... so there's one fix to make).









No comments: