Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Cowscape

October Cowscape
Oil on canvas, 40x60

It's been a while since I've made a cowscape! This is from a photo I've painted before, one that I took in Wyoming, and one that I have always loved.

It was my first painting trip, and I'd gone to Wisdom, Montana, my favorite place on earth before finding Wachapreague. On my way home through Wyoming, I got off the highway at every exit. There weren't that many. On one, this group of cows - steers, probably - crossed the road in front of me and looked rather threateningly at me. I took the photo, stayed in my car, and didn't mess with them.

***

If all goes according to plan, I will be at the Nassau County Museum of Art this weekend, at 1 Museum Drive in Rosslyn Harbor on Long Island. The show is from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. I'm in Booth T14, under the tent, so if there's weather, it shouldn't be an issue!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who would have thought that cows could be so colorful! Love it!

Unknown said...

Who would have thought that cows could be so colorful! Love it!

carrie jacobson said...

Hey, Dan! I was thinking... I've never seen a purple cow, I never hope to see one... but if there is a purple cow, I never hope to be one...

Remember that from childhood? A long-ago echo in my slightly water-logged brain.

Thanks for the note. Glad you like the painting!