Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tall Sunflowers

Tall Sunflowers I
Oil on bi-fold door, 14x80

When I was at the show in Leesburg, VA, the artist beside me suggested that I try using bifold doors as a canvas. They have the panoramic shape that I so like - and they are cheap and plentiful!

So the last time I was in Connecticut, I stopped at the Habitat for Humanity store and bought a couple. I  took them apart, gessoed them and went to town.

You can hang this painting vertically or horizontally. It is light and fun! And it will be at the Gallery at Lighthouse, in a show that opens with a reception on Oct. 12. Please come, if you're in the area. The reception runs from 5-7 p.m., and will introduce people to my work and work by Ronet Noe.

In the meantime, if you're looking for something fun to do over Columbus Day weekend, and you're in Connecticut or Mass or somewhere thereabout, please consider the Paradise City Arts Festival at the Tri-County Fairgrounds in Northampton, MA.

It's a wonderful show, with work ranging from furniture to fiber to jewelry and, of course, painting. Be aware that there is a gate fee, but if you go to the Paradise City website, you can print out a discount coupon.

If you come, I'll be in the Morgan Barn. Please stop by my booth and say hello!

No comments: