Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Field Church


The Field Church
Oil on canvas, 10x10, $100
sold
As I was painting this (standing in the driveway I painted in "Clamshell Driveway"), a guy came along in a big silver truck. He stopped when he saw me painting, and asked if I'd ever gone down to the end of the road and painted the salt marsh there.

In fact, I have, twice! I painted "On Marlin Lane," and "Back on Marlin Lane," from the back yard of the house at the end of Marlin Lane.

I told the guy that I had, and asked what he was going down there for.

"Checking on my ersters," he said.

"Your what?"

"My erster beds."

Ah! His OYSTER beds. Ersters. It will take my ears a while, I guess.



My painting in the landscape. You can just see the church - that white thing - in the background! 














No comments: