Friday, August 12, 2011

Frenchman's Creek

Frenchman's Creek
Oil on canvas, 12x36
sold

This is another of the paintings I made while I was up in Gloucester, MA, last month.

It was morning, a beautiful morning, and I was planning on going somewhere with another painter, but needed to get gas first. There aren't many gas stations out there, and I'd gotten more than a little lost. I pulled into a boat-launch area, shady and cool, tucked away at the start of Frenchman's Creek, as I was informed by a sign.

It was a great place to paint, off the road yet solitary, and about as gorgeous as it gets. The tide came in while I painted, changing everything - another wrinkle in the plein-air pantheon.

I love this painting, the length of it, the breadth of it, the sunshine. It's everything that day was.

Don't forget to check out the Mystic Outdoor Art Festival! It's Saturday and Sunday, in downtown Mystic, CT. I'll be at the corner of Willow and Main, across from the post office... and I'll have this painting, and other new ones, with me.

Thank you, as always, for reading!

jacobson arts's world headquarters is well hidden in gales ferry, CT

No comments: