Sunday, October 16, 2016

Heading In

Heading In
Oil on black canvas, 10x10, $125
Available at Seaside Antiques and Art, Wachapreague, VA

Even though we don't get out on the water much, I love living near it and watching the boats. The small boat on the left has been sitting in the mud of the salt marsh for at least five years. The boat on the right was just motoring in after a day's fishing. The light, and the sunrises and sunsets on the Eastern Shore are often magical, tinged with pink and gold and tender blues. 

This painting is one of 12 I made for a 2017 Wachapreague calendar. You can buy one for $19 at Seaside Antiques and Art in Wachapreague, or from me, on the Jacobson Arts website. 

***
One from the Road 
I'm traveling right now, on the Big Skies Painting Trip. As I write this, I'm in Sheriden, Wyoming, about to head north and west into Montana. I've been having a great trip, and I'm happy with the paintings I've been making for my sponsors. This country is so huge, and so incredibly beautiful, it's a delight and an exciting pleasure to wander, explore and paint! 

***
Dog of the Day 
Could he be cuter? Saw him at the Uptown Art Festival in Minneapolis this summer. If you'd like your pet to be the Dog of the Day (doesn't have to be a dog...), please send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

1 comment:

Painting pro’s said...

Amazing post!
These images are gorgeous and so inspiring.
Thank you for going through so much time and effort for such a beautiful post.
interior painting company omaha