Friday, December 29, 2017

Some Small Pieces



Clockwise, from top left, "Two Houses," "Tall House," "Maine Marsh."
All are minimally framed (see Tall House), all are $65, including shipping.
In 2018, I'm going to have a selection of small pieces - oils and pastels - available at prices below $75. I'm working on creating them now, and I'm enjoying the challenge enormously. 

It's tougher for me to paint small than to paint large! But as I work on these, I'm learning. One problem I haven't solved yet is how to place these to dry, without taking up all the flat space in the studio! I can hang my wet paintings on canvas, but these can't hang until they are framed. Clearly, I need some shelf space in the studio. 
For more small pieces, please visit the Jacobson Arts website, and look under "available oils." 

***
Workshop! 
I'm offering a palette-knife-painting workshop in Onancock, here on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, on Jan. 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. You'll learn to work with a heavy impasto, be bold and decisive in your painting, and have some fun with color, too. The cost of the workshop is $95; it's limited to 10 participants. To sign up, email me, or check out the Workshop page on the Jacobson Arts website; there's a PayPal button there. 



***
Dog of the Day
It's Lulu, a/k/a Princess Yum-Yum, in a cool lid. It was on her about one second past this photo. While Lulu looks great in hats, she'd rather eat them than wear them. 

***
A Final Thought

"Self-consciousness is the enemy of all art, be it acting, writing, painting, 
or living itself, which is the greatest art of all." 

- Ray Bradbury

***

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for traveling this road with me.






2 comments:

Pat Holloway said...

Love the paintings! How I wish I could attend your workshop! I live too far away. Best to you in your upcoming shows.

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Pat! I hope people start signing up for the workshop... If this one goes well, I will begin to offer these as I travel to do shows. Happy 2018!