Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Penelope the Goat

Penelope
Oil on canvas, 14x14, $245

Yesterday, my friend Susan and I went to my friend Sharon's house and we painted goats! Sharon and her husband have a small herd, which they keep mostly as pets. In the past, they sold them for meat, but I think that's mostly done now. Penelope and her pals have a great life in a pretty little field , and they have warm houses and lots of friends and seem extremely happy. And I think that if you're going to have goats, you want happy goats!

Here are some more photos:

Those are Sharon's legs, above, and that's Susan, below. 




***

Shameless Self-Promotion 
Don't forget your Wachapreague 2018 calendar! Click here to go to the ordering page on the Jacobson Arts website. There's still plenty of time to get yours before Christmas, and at $22, they make great presents. They are also available in Wachapreague, at Seaside Art and Antiques, on Main Street. The shop is open Saturdays and Sundays, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. If I'm there when you come in, I'll autograph yours, if you like! 

***
Dog of the Day

It's Puffy! Puffy falls raptly, passionately and totally in love with things and sometimes people, on a revolving basis. For a while, she was in love with a small wooden footstool we had, and could not be separated from it. Then, it was a piece of cardboard that had fallen to the floor. Then, it was me, and she was cloyingly clingy. Then it was a big cardboard box. Then a series of small cardboard boxes. Now, this letter box. And I do believe it's a federal offense for me to have this box at home - and probably a hanging offense for Puffy to be in love with it! 

***
A Final Thought

"Here's to freedom, cheers to art.
Here's to having an excellent adventure
and may the stopping never start." 
- Jason Mraz





No comments: