Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blue Spruce

Blue Spruce 
Oil on canvas, 12x24
Please email me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com for price and shipping/delivery info.

After a weekend teaching and painting in New York state, I am in New York City at a conference for Patch.com.

It has been a long, long time since I attended a work conference, and an even longer time since I worked for a company that was willing to shell out what are obviously big bucks for such a conference.

The hotel was beautiful, this meeting site is big and hip, and the caterer is talented. Last night, there was a crowded party with a band, food (all with gluten, so I couldn't eat any) and free booze (22 years sober; I wasn't tempted) - for those who were into it, it was great. I walked back to the hotel through a warm New York City night, enjoying the sights and sounds, and glad to be free of the party.

The trees were burnished gold and bronze as I drove from the country to the city, and it was a joy to see them, soft and warm against the gray sky. It is an amazing world, indeed.

1 comment:

Mark Sheeky said...

There's so much richness and feeling in this piece of beauty that any famous impressionist from 100 years ago would be proud of it.