Sunday, November 27, 2011

Steer



Steer
Oil on canvas, 16x20
Interested? Email me for price and delivery/shipping info

Man, have I been busy! I guess we all have, between Thanksgiving, and Christmas shopping, and work, and raking, and house-cleaning and yard sales, and all the other million things going on - whew!

I have had some time to paint, but not much time to take good photos or do blog postings. But this evening, I can snatch a few moments.

I am just loving this steer - and have a question for you all. Those of you who've been reading this blog for a while know that I am often tempted to leave big swatches of canvas blank - and sometimes, I actually go through with it.

What about this steer? Would you like to see a nice bright background? Or are you liking the blank canvas around his face? I'd love to know.

***

And now for a bit of self-promotion!

On this so-called Cyber Monday, I'd like to ask you to consider buying art - from me, or from another local artist - to give for Christmas! My 10-inch by 10-inch series, "Passages," offers really quite lovely and interesting landscapes for $100 - why not check them out? You can see them all by clicking here. 

And if you want to just look around the website (I've redesigned it recently), you can do so by going to jacobson-arts.com!

You can pay by check, cash, credit card or PayPal - and there's still time to pay over time, and have the piece by Christmas or Hanukkah.

And really, while I am asking you to consider buying a piece from me, I am mostly asking you to consider buying a piece of art by any local artist. There are shows of local art, appropriate for the holidays, at the Lighthouse Gallery in Groton, at the Wallkill River School Gallery in Montgomery, NY, at Hygienic in New London - and in many, many more places!

Art makes a great present, and buying a piece from a local artist is a wonderful thing to do on so many levels.

Thanks for considering it!


No comments: