Friday, March 20, 2015

Wllow

Willow
Oil on canvas, 12x12
commission

Willow's family asked for her to be painted on a turquoise background - and I love it! It's a color I've never used for a background, and it makes me smile. Willow herself (I think she's a her) also makes me smile - that's one of the things about making dog paintings. I feel like I get to know the dogs, even though I'm painting from photographs. Willow traveled to Arizona with me, while she was drying. I missed her as a traveling companion, after I sent her off! 

Would you like a painting of your pet? Prices start at $350; it takes about eight weeks from the time I start to the time your painting is delivered, and start times depend on how many are in front of you in line. I love making paintings of pets - dogs, cats, turtles, goats, parrots, whatever! 

***
Dog of the Day
It's Woody and Smokey, taking it easy after a tough day playing in the yard. 

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A final thought
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras

No comments: