Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Siena

Siena
Oil on canvas, 12x12
101 Dogs Project painting

The 101 Dogs Project is rolling along! We're nearing the half-way point, but there are still plenty of slots for you. Sponsors (or patrons, however you want to think of it) receive an original painting of their dogs, a book or poster of all the paintings when the project is finished, and some project-related goodies, too. In addition, I'm donating money from each sponsorship to a dog-related group. 

Click here to read about the project, here to read about the groups I've chosen (or you can choose your own, if there's one close to your heart), and here to read about the stuff you can get (or you can choose no stuff, and I'll give more money to the group you choose.) 

It's such a fun project, and I'm loving every minute of it, every dog, every portrait. I hope you'll consider being a part of it! 

***
THIS WEEKEND, I'll be in Arts in the Park in Richmond, VA. The show is Saturday and Sunday, 11-6 and 11-5 respectively, in the lovely Byrd Park. I'm in Booth 90. 

Can't make it to Richmond? The following weekend, I'll be at the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival, Crozet, VA.  There, I'll be in Booth T-117, under the big tent. 

***
Seen Around Town
 
Above, Pat (left) and Patricia, looking dashing one recent afternoon. If I hadn't been taking the photo, I know I'd have fit right in! 

Below, Seaside Antiques and Art, which is run by Pat (left, above) and Carol, is nearly ready to open. A couple years ago, someone driving a truck down Main Street smashed into it, knocking it off its foundation, and leading to massive breakage and damage of Pat and Carol's beautiful inventory. Click here to see pretty amazing photos I took right after the accident.



***
Dogs of the Day 
Lulu, left, and Doc have amused me endlessly this week. In the past couple days, they've both launched themselves from one piece of furniture toward another - and both missed the landings. Neither seemed to hesitate or measure or put any thought at all into their efforts. They were on one chair, they wanted to be on another - and it never occurred to them that they couldn't fly. Neither was hurt by the misadventure, neither seemed to notice much or care. It remains to be seen whether they've learned anything from these failed efforts. 

***
A Final Thought

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." 
- Pablo Picasso



No comments: