Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Keeping the Light - and the Big Skies Trip

Keeping the Light 
Oil and gold leaf on black canvas, 30x30

I'm off in a bit for Minneapolis, and then Mystic, CT, and I'm excited about going to a new place, seeing new stuff, exploring an area of the country that's new to me. 

Packing for this trip put me in the frame of mind of packing for my western trip, in the fall. I can hardly wait to get on the road and head for the mountains. I'm thinking the days will be crisp, even chilly, and the nights cold. Perfect travel and painting weather! 

I'll be exploring and adventuring in Montana and Wyoming, and maybe South Dakota, too. This is a sponsored painting trip, meaning that people will buy paintings before I leave. I'll write a special, sponsor-only blog, stuffed with photos and stories of places I go and people (and dogs) I meet. I'll post my paintings and photos of my paintings in the landscape. When I get back, I'll post all the paintings on a webpage, and sponsors will choose their paintings in the order in which they signed up. 

I've done this several times before, and the trips have been fun. Sponsors tell me they've enjoyed the missives from the road, and that they love the paintings, too. Click below to read about my past trips, and click here to find out how to get involved in the Big Sky Painting Trip. Sponsorships are $125 for a 10x10 painting, $300 for a painting 16x16 or 18x18; $500 for a 20x20 or 24x24. 





Jubilee / sold

***
Dog of the Day
Here's little Kaja, dog about town, visiting the post office with one of her humans. Kaja gets the best walks of any dog in town. Sometimes her humans are on foot; sometimes they ride a three-wheeled bike, and drink their morning coffee as they go. 

Kaja trots along, head high, tail up, happy and confident, totally ignoring the ridiculous amount of frantic barking and yowling emanating from 18 Bayview Avenue.

Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." 

- Pablo Picasso




No comments: