Saturday, July 30, 2016

Carnival!

Carnival! 
Oil on black canvas, 10x10, $125
For 2017 Wachapreague calendar

The past couple years, I've made calendars, and 2017 will be no different! I'm working on paintings for a Wachapreague calendar, to be sold on line and on the ground, at Seaside Antiques right here in town. 

Seaside Antiques is the antiques and art store that my friends Pat Hart and Carol Burnham own and operate, and it's just fantastic. In their travels over the years, Pat and Carol have collected interesting, fun and beautiful pieces, and they are for sale at reasonable prices. It's a great place to poke around, do some dreaming and also do some buying. My Christmas shopping list is nearly complete - and much of it has come from Seaside Antiques!

I made this painting after Peter, Erika, Paul and I went to the Volunteer Firemen's Carnival back in June. I have to say I refused to go on the Ferris wheel, though it looked like people were having fun. I just don't want to be that far off the ground! 

***
"We shall do good work at a profit if we can, at a loss if we must, but always good work."

Amen to that. 

***
Dog of the Day
Want your pet to be the Dog of the Day? Send a jpg to me at carrieBjacobson@gmail.com

***
A Final Thought

"We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents." 

- Bob Ross


No comments: