Thursday, February 16, 2017

Mesquite

Mesquite 
Oil on canvas, 16x16
Please click here to contact me for price and availability

It was a windy day in Arizona when I set out to paint, and the clouds were low and moving fast. It rained on and off throughout the day, but not while I was painting.

It felt good to paint again after a long, non-painting drive and a long, non-painting show. I'm not wild about the red canvas, and probably won't try it again, though who knows. I think the brightness of the canvas pulls your eye away from the painting. What do you think?

***
Stuff I've Seen

I'd love to know the genesis of this sign... but I do know that it made me laugh, 
and think of Doc, one of the twins, who I am missing dreadfully. 

***
Dog of the Day
This tough little guy was standing in the middle of the street in Deming, NM, 
determined to stop traffic, in spit of the fact that he's only 6 inches tall. 


***
A Final Thought

"ARt never responds to the wish to make it democratic; it is not for everybody; it is only for those who are willing to undergo the effort needed to understand it." 

- Flannery O'Connor








No comments: