Sunday, February 5, 2017

Chipping In

Chipping In
Oil on canvas, 20x20

I was horrified to notice that my first two golf paintings (Lining Up the Putt and Sunday Drive) were of men, while a small painting I made (Laundry Day - haven't posted yet...) was of a woman. How sexist am I? Sheesh!

So I made sure that this third painting was of a woman, and an older, gray-haired woman, at that. I love the motion in here, and the explosion of sand and ball out of the trap.

Coach Joe suggested that I offer to make paintings of people golfing in golfers' favorite holes. The 16th at St. Andrews, the 4th hole green at the Master's... Whatever your favorite hole is, if I can get a photo of it, I can paint a golfer like you at the hole.

What do you think? Is this an idea that would please a golfer?

***
Stuff I've Seen

While my Florida show was a disaster, my visit was not. I saw Eric and Mary, old friends, and spent time with them at their home on the Suwanee River. While there, I met Ike, a friend who lives nearby. Eric announced that I was a painter, and Ike pulled this statue from a shelf. At the time, the statue was all gold, like the shirt. 

"Can you paint this?" he asked, and I said sure. 

I think it's really cool! 

***
Shameless Self-Promotion

This is last year's booth at the Tubac Arts Festival, here in Tubac, Arizona. The show is coming up, Wednesday through Sunday. If you're in the area, please come! I hope to be on Plaza Road, where I've been in the past. 

***
Dog of the Day
Here is the delightful Baby Girl, left, with the aforementioned Eric, right. 
AND, I got to drive the four-wheeler. That was fun! 

***
A Final Thought

"Life beats down and crushes the soul, and art reminds you that you still have one." 

- Stella Adler

No comments: