Thursday, May 28, 2009

Azalea Dreams

Azalea Dreams. Oil on stretched canvas, 15x30

It's been raining here for days, or for eternities, it's hard to tell. This morning has dawned gray and wet and drizzly, and I know that all of this is good for everything that grows, but it's not that good for humans. Everything is starting to smell, inside the house and out, and I am looking forward to sunshine and my litany of complaints about the heat.

I made this painting in my basement studio. I've been trying to push my landscapes more toward abstraction, and with this painting, I believe I took my first step. Broader shapes, fewer colors, richer darks, brighter lights. Painting like I've gone a little blind.

Same deal here as with the following three azalea paintings. If you buy it, I will give 25 percent to the Kinney Azalea Garden, and shipping is on me.

Thanks for reading!





No comments: