Saturday, April 9, 2011

Windy Day in Bozrah

Windy Day in Bozrah
Oil on canvas, 10x20
Please contact me for price and delivery options

Sheesh, it has been a dog's age since I painted in plein air! And it was so windy on this first outing. But still, it felt great to be out in the sun, hanging onto the canvas, remembering why I love painting outdoors so much - and then putting the new techniques in play - I had a blast.

I am glad to see that the big field, little house streak is still alive and well in me, and that my eye still responds to it!

I really like the shadows in this one, and the edge where the shady part of the (admittedly tipping) house meets the bright part.

What a joy it is to be alive!

1 comment:

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Shea. I'd nearly forgotten the struggles with the wind, my paint bag hanging from my easel, the painting nearly flying off more than once, the sense of racing - and best of all, being in this amazing world.