Monday, April 18, 2011

Reservoir Morning

Reservoir Morning
Oil on canvas, 16x20, $380


This is my second effort at painting the brown, foggy morning at the reservoir down the street from our house. I really like this painting, though, again, it doesn't capture the soft dreaminess of the scene (the photograph I worked from is in the next posting).

Of course, for me, painting is not about replicating the scene, but about echoing the feeling - and I do think this gives a little of the feeling.

I have some ideas to try this with some metallic paints I have. So maybe this afternoon!

Thanks for reading, and for following my journey.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this one. It reflects the moodiness of the picture.

carrie jacobson said...

Thanks, Montville! I do think I got some of the mood of the scene into this one. I am going to keep trying these, keep challenging myself! So glad you're on the blog.