Thursday, March 8, 2012

Storm Coming II

Storm Coming II
Oil on canvas, 10x10, $100
sold

Taking courage in hand, I did something the other day that I've been skirting for a while, though I understand it is one of the next steps.

I ordered a new tent, with a new display set-up. It cost me $2,000, and I am still reeling from the shock of paying that much for anything that you can't drive or live in. The Scot in me, I guess.

But as someone said to me last year, "How do you expect anyone to invest in your art if you won't invest in it yourself?"

A good question.

The tent and assorted whatevers are on their way, due to arrive on Friday. I have to learn to set this whole thing up, and I have to learn quickly, as I have a show next weekend (Marlborough, Mass! Come! It's a great show, the Paradise City indoor show - click here to find out more. )

This is one of the paintings I'll bring. It's the second of three I did in Virginia last weekend. And while I like this one a lot, I've saved my favorite for last, so be sure to come back and check it out! 

No comments: